Going out in Pune is an amazing experience, from the people you meet, the stories you share, the drinks and the whole vibe. The first time I went out in Pune, I visited a bar called High Spirits, it is popular with the students from Symbiosis International University. The bar was welcoming with loud music, vibrant colours and happy faces! To my delight I was greeted with music by Rihanna!
Yes, it was a little narrow minded of me to think that the music that would be play would consist of Banghra and music sang in Hindi. But to my satisfaction there was wide genres of music, hip hop, rock, RnB, even trap music! It is safe to say that going out in Pune will guarantee you a good night but it is also vital that you stay safe whilst you enjoy yourself.
Here are a few tips I picked up from the locals:
- Always stay in pairs– This may sound obvious as you would do this in any country that you travel to, but it is important especially for women to stay in pairs. Plus partying alone is no fun, right?
- Go home with someone you know– When travelling late at night, it is important to go home with someone you know. Do not risk wondering off by yourself especially if you are intoxicated you will get lost and even worse can happen.
- Follow them to the bar– If someone offers to buy you a drink, go to the bar with them. This is important even in the UK! Spiking drinks is a global problem and you never know who will add a drug to your drink when your back is turned.
- Have a method of communication– In case you end up lost or loose the people you went out with, have a method of communication. In India it is hard getting a sim card so the best thing to do is to write important numbers on a piece of paper and keep it in your pocket. This is in case your battery dies and you cannot access the number you can always use a phone at a hotel or somewhere where it is safe to do so.
- Comfort first– Wearing comfortable shoes can save you from a night of blisters! I noticed in Pune one club is never enough, so you will most likely end up following the crowd to another club. Wearing comfortable shoes such as sandals can save you from a lot of pain, especially if you like to dance a lot.
- Dress accordingly– The dress code in India is different to what we are used to in the UK. Here you have to dress with a bit more modesty. In the UK it is okay to show large amounts of skin but in Pune you can show skin with moderation, just make sure it is done in a classy way.
Most importantly have fun when you go out. The people in Pune are very friendly and easy to interact with, the clubs here insure you have a great night and everyone is catered for.